Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Life in Ten Years!

What will my life be like in ten years? What a question! As a young girl, I remember having to answer this question at school sometimes. My answers were full of imagination but they consistently portrayed me as a teacher. I first dreamed of becoming a teacher in Kindergarten because I thought it would be exciting to grade worksheets and put “Good Job” stickers on them just like my teacher, Mrs. Worley, always did. Now, as a twenty year old, I still plan on becoming an elementary school teacher. Looking back on the past twenty years, I am thankful to my parents for providing me with a safe, loving, and nurturing family.

The thought of being thirty in 2017 astounds me. I remember thinking as a child that thirty seemed so old, but now I have a completely different view of the age as I have gotten to be older myself. In 2009, I plan to graduate from Clemson with a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education. I understand that many college students begin teaching right after college; however, I would like to attend graduate school first. In 2011, I will graduate from the graduate school program at Clemson. After obtaining my Master’s degree in Elementary Education, I plan on beginning to teach at one of the elementary schools in Greenville, South Carolina. Greenville is such a beautiful and serene town which is the main reason why I hope to live there soon! I am excited about having the opportunity to help 2nd or 3rd graders develop into very successful thinkers.

Shortly after I begin teaching, I plan on getting married. I am not sure the exact plan the Lord has for my life regarding my choice of husband, but I am excited about the prospect of marrying my boyfriend of two years. Hopefully, I will still continue teaching in Greenville unless my husband’s job compels us to relocate. While teaching, I will work towards my goal of becoming an elementary school principal in Greenville. As a young child, my elementary school principal, Mrs. Miller, inspired me to be a respectful individual, possess creativity, and enjoy the process of learning. Because of the excitement I saw in Mrs. Miller, I want to become an encouraging principal for my students!

While obtaining the role of principal, I will begin work on my doctorate in Educational Psychology as well as start a family with my husband. I have always wanted to have a little girl first so that I could dress her in adorable dresses with matching little shoes and bows! By the time that I am thirty, my life will be completely different than it is right now. However, through memories of the past, experiences of everyday college life, and dreams of the future, I am excited about living a life encompassing love, joy, and delight in the Lord, my family, and my students!

No comments: