Sunday, October 14, 2007

Class Presentations

The PowerPoint assignment went really well! I thought everyone in the 12:20 MWF class did a wonderful job. The topics for the assignment varied greatly. The presentations were informative, interesting, and exciting. Certain aspects about some of the presentations really stood out in my mind. I liked Krystal’s technique of having only one factual point on each slide. It made the audience focus on that one sentence. Krystal did an exceptional job revealing the myths and truths about breast cancer. I liked that the presentation began with the myths instead of a traditional approach of stating the definition of breast cancer first. Her technique highly captivated the audience from the very beginning. I also liked Mark’s technique of having a slideshow full of pictures rather than full of words. The pictures of his hometown in France were breathtaking and more informative than words could ever be. I have never been to France and after seeing the pictures of typical life in France, I am so excited about traveling to Europe soon!!

I also liked the video clip that Hilary incorporated into her PowerPoint slideshow because it reinforced the hard work and dedication that the rowing team must possess in order to be successful. Hilary was very enthusiastic throughout her presentation which captivated the audience. Prior to the presentation, I had little knowledge about the rowing team here at Clemson. Now, however, I understand the extreme dedication that is required. I liked the choice of background that Katie chose for her PowerPoint presentation on “Gilmore Girls.” The fall leaves where so beautiful and reminded me of the show. The background fit perfectly with the setting of Stars Hollow. After seeing and hearing about the show, the presentation made me want to go watch a re-run of it! These are just a few of the aspects of certain PowerPoints that I thought made the presentations great!!

No comments: