Sunday, October 7, 2007

Baking With Mom

One of my favorite childhood memories is helping my mom in the kitchen. My mom and I both really enjoy baking! She is a wonderful cook, and I am so thankful to have learned some great tricks from her. My first memories in the kitchen are from when I was five years old. My granddaddy made a special stool that I could stand on so that I was at the proper height to work on the kitchen counter. My grandmother gave my mom an apron that my mom used to wear as a child. I always felt special when I helped out in the kitchen because I was allowed to wear this beautiful blue and white flowered apron. As a young baker, my mom would help me locate all of the ingredients in the pantry and refrigerator. My favorite dessert to bake was peanut butter cookies made from scratch. I always enjoyed adding the vanilla and the peanut butter to the mixture. My mom and I were a great team and still are!

As I got older, my love for baking continued. When my sister was old enough to bake, she would help me bake cakes for our parents. We also used to make incredible homemade chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is so great that I have the entire thing memorized. If you would like to bake these delicious cookies, here is the recipe:

2 eggs
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
½ cup of brown sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of baking power
2 cups of chocolate chips

Mix the first 5 ingredients into 1 bowl. In another bowl, mix the next 3 ingredients. Add the mixture of 3 ingredients to the mixture of 5 ingredients. Add in the chocolate chips and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes for some incredible sweets!!

No comments: